- Rock 14,160,960
- Electronic 13,666,301
- Pop 6,595,946
- Funk / Soul 4,222,306
- Jazz 2,951,770
- House 3,305,678
- Pop Rock 3,192,989
- Disco 2,315,547
- Synth-pop 2,136,406
- Soul 1,710,568
|Feeling So Real||3:21|
|All That I Need Is To Be Loved||2:43|
|Let's Go Free||0:38|
|Everytime You Touch Me||3:41|
|Bring Back My Happiness||3:12|
|First Cool Hive||5:17|
|Into The Blue||5:33|
|Everything Is Wrong||1:14|
|God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters||7:21|
|When It's Cold I'd Like To Die||4:14|
|CDSTUMM130, CDStumm130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||CDSTUMM130, CDStumm130||UK||1995||Sell This Version|
|CD 61701||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Elektra||CD 61701||Canada||1995||Sell This Version|
|EVERCD 040||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Everlasting Records (2)||EVERCD 040||Spain||1995||Sell This Version|
|CDSTUMM130, CDStumm130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||CDSTUMM130, CDStumm130||UK||1995||Sell This Version|
|7243 8499782 3||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Labels, Mute||7243 8499782 3||Europe||1995||Sell This Version|
|7559617012||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Elektra||7559617012||Australia||1995||Sell This Version|
|CDSTUMM130, CDStumm130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute Czechoslovakia||CDSTUMM130, CDStumm130||Czech Republic||1995||Sell This Version|
|CDSTUMM130, 5016025611300||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||CDSTUMM130, 5016025611300||Europe||1995||Sell This Version|
|CDSTUMM130, CDStumm130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||CDSTUMM130, CDStumm130||Sweden||1995||Sell This Version|
|5016025611300||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute, EMI||5016025611300||Brazil||1995||Sell This Version|
|CDstumm130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute, [PIAS]||CDstumm130||Benelux||1995||Sell This Version|
|INT 846.921, 7243 4 84193 2 3, CDStumm130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute, Mute||INT 846.921, 7243 4 84193 2 3, CDStumm130||Germany||1995||Sell This Version|
|CDStumm130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute||CDStumm130||Belgium||1995||Sell This Version|
|61701-2||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Elektra||61701-2||US||1995||Sell This Version|
|LCDSTUMM130, CDSTUMM130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album + CD + Ltd)||Mute, Mute||LCDSTUMM130, CDSTUMM130||UK||1995||Sell This Version|
|2101354, LCDSTUMM130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album + CD + Ltd)||Indisc, Mute||2101354, LCDSTUMM130||Belgium||1995||Sell This Version|
|INT 846.922, CDStumm130, 7243 4 84194 2 2, LCDStum||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album + CD + Ltd)||Mute, Mute, Mute, Mute||INT 846.922, CDStumm130, 7243 4 84194 2 2, LCDStum||Germany||1995||Sell This Version|
|61701-2||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album, Club)||Elektra||61701-2||US||1995||Sell This Version|
|E2 61701||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album, Club)||Elektra||E2 61701||Canada||1995||Sell This Version|
|INT 446.921||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (Cass, Album)||Mute||INT 446.921||Germany||1995||Sell This Version|
|C STUMM 130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (Cass, Album)||Mute||C STUMM 130||UK||1995||Sell This Version|
|61701-4||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (Cass, Album, HX )||Elektra||61701-4||US||1995||Sell This Version|
|none||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (Cass, Album, Promo)||Mute||none||France||1995||Sell This Version|
|61701-4-P||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (Cass, Album, Promo, Dol)||Elektra||61701-4-P||US||1995||Sell This Version|
|none||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Euro Star (Ukraine)||none||Ukraine||1995||Sell This Version|
|STUMM 130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (LP, Album)||Mute||STUMM 130||UK||1995||Sell This Version|
|DR - 909||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Generation X Records||DR - 909||Russia||2000||Sell This Version|
|STUMM 130||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (LP, Album, Ltd, RE, 180)||Mute, BMG||STUMM 130||UK||2016||Sell This Version|
|724384997823||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute||724384997823||Ukraine||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|094637297124||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Gala Records (5), Mute||094637297124||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|CDStumm130, 5016025611300||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||CDStumm130, 5016025611300||UK||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|61701-2||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Elektra (2)||61701-2||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|CSTUMM130, 5016025411306||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (Cass, Album)||Mute, Mute, Comp Music, Comp Music||CSTUMM130, 5016025411306||Ukraine||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|none||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Vigma||none||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|577||Moby||Everything Is Wrong (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Mad Vox|
Moby – Everything Is Wrong
A remixed version of the album was released later under the title "Everything Is Wrong: Mixed & Remixed" a.k.a "Everything Is Wrong DJ Mix Album".
An interview disc was released as promo only.
Singles from this album:
"Feeling So Real"
"Everytime You Touch Me"
"Into The Blue"
"What Love" (promo only)
"Bring Back My Happiness"
While "All That I Need Is To Be Loved" had been released as a single, the song had first been released on the EP "Move". The version which is featured on this album had previously been released under the title "All That I Need Is To Be Loved (House Of Suffering Mix)" a.k.a "All That I Need Is To Be Loved (H.O.S. Mix)"
"Feeling So Real" is included in an edited version. The Original Mix was released on the single.
While the single "Move" is not featured on the original release of "Everything Is Wrong", it was included on the remix album.
Everything Is Wrong is the third studio album by American electronica musician Moby, released on March 14, 1995 by record labels Mute in the United Kingdom and Elektra in the United States. It was released with a limited-edition bonus disc of ambient music titled Underwater.
Following the release of two albums, Moby and Ambient, on Instinct, Moby signed to Mute and Elektra and began work on what he felt was his first "legitimate" album, seeking to create a record that encompassed his various musical influences. Moby has described Everything Is Wrong as "a record that almost served as a lifeboat for the songs I cared the most about", noting that he attempted to cover as many musical styles as possible not "out of trying to be eclectic, but just because I was in love with all of these genres and I felt like this may be my only chance to make a record."
Moby recorded and mixed the album himself in his apartment on Mott Street in Manhattan, New York, using inexpensive recording equipment.Everything Is Wrong features guest vocal contributions from Rozz Morehead, whom Moby had met while performing on the British television program Top of the Pops, and Mimi Goese, whose work with the band Hugo Largo he admired, and who he later found out lived just a block away from him.
Moby titled the album Everything Is Wrong and wrote its extensive accompanying liner notes as a means of expressing some ideas that he felt were important to him, later reflecting, "At the time, I was — and am still — a vegan and an animal rights activist, really militant in all my beliefs. So I would wake up really angry every day, and sleep angry every night because I thought the world was in terrible shape, and I thought, 'What small thing can I do to express my beliefs that the world is in such terrible shape?' And that’s where the title of the album came from." Inside the album's booklet, Moby provides two personal essays, quotes from notable figures (from Albert Einstein to St. Francis of Assisi), and facts that he has collected (e.g. regarding animal experiments).
Everything Is Wrong was released to positive reviews from music critics.Spin's Barry Walters praised its diverse range of musical styles compared to most other "one-dimensional" electronic albums and dubbed it "a hugely passionate album held together by its intensity".Greg Kot of the Chicago Tribune felt that Moby "explodes the boundaries of the genre" with an album "as moving as it is adventurous", while Lorraine Ali of the Los Angeles Times wrote that Everything Is Wrong "swoops from agony to ecstasy, leaping from the glittery heights of disco divadom to the rampaging ugliness of speed-metal to the refined feel of classical—while always remaining consistently Moby." In The Village Voice, Robert Christgau remarked: "Where in concert he subsumes rockist guitar and classical pretensions in grand, joyous rhythmic release, on album his distant dreams remain tangents."Everything Is Wrong was voted the third best album of 1995 in The Village Voice's year-end Pazz & Jop critics' poll.
All tracks written by Moby, except where noted.
|1.||"Underwater (Part 1)"||5:14|
|2.||"Underwater (Part 2)"||5:43|
|3.||"Underwater (Part 3)"||7:23|
|4.||"Underwater (Part 4)"||8:02|
|5.||"Underwater (Part 5)"||16:45|
A remix album entitled Everything Is Wrong: Non-Stop DJ Mix was released in January 1996 by record label Mute. Mixed by Moby from the various remixes that were commissioned by Mute Records, the album was a two-disc set. The first disc was titled Hard Techno, Joyous Anthems & Quiet Ambiance while the second was New York Hard House, Groovy Acid & Melodic Trance.
|1.||"First Cool Hive" (Minimal Version)||1:24|
|2.||"Feeling So Real" (Unashamed Ecstatic Piano Mix)||4:57|
|3.||"All That I Need Is to Be Loved" (Hard Trance Version)||5:14|
|4.||"Bring Back My Happiness" (Extended Mix)||2:49|
|5.||"Move" (Disco Threat Mix)||4:34|
|6.||"Everytime You Touch Me" (Pure Joy Mix)||4:00|
|7.||"Feeling So Real" (Westbam Mix)||5:49|
|8.||"Into the Blue" (Uplifting 4 Beat Mix)||4:49|
|9.||"Everytime You Touch Me" (NYC Jungle Mix)||3:45|
|10.||"Into the Blue" (Spiritual Mix)||8:45|
|11.||"Anthem" (Cinematic Version)||2:24|
|12.||"Everything Is Wrong" (Quiet Mix)||5:04|
|1.||"Let's Go Free" (Reversal Mix)||0:33|
|2.||"Hymn (I Believe)"||5:59|
|3.||"Into the Blue" (Voodoo Child Mix)||3:57|
|4.||"Everytime You Touch Me" (Freestyle Version)||3:38|
|5.||"Bring Back My Happiness" (Josh Wink Mix)||1:55|
|6.||"Hymn" (Lucky Orgasm Mix)||5:10|
|7.||"Everytime You Touch Me" (Na Feel Mix)||4:23|
|8.||"Feeling So Real" (Old Skool Mix)||4:02|
|9.||"Hymn" (Menacing Mix)||4:12|
|10.||"Bring Back My Happiness" (Para Los Discos)||3:35|
|11.||"Into the Blue" (Simple Mix)||5:49|
|12.||"Move" (Electro Mix)||6:36|
|13.||"All That I Need Is to Be Loved" (Melodic Mix)||7:06|
|14.||"When It's Cold I'd Like to Die" (Instrumental)||9:05|
Credits for Everything Is Wrong adapted from album liner notes.
- Moby – engineering, production, programming, writing
- Kochie Banton – vocals on "Feeling So Real" and "Everytime You Touch Me"
- Mimi Goese – lyrics and vocals on "Into the Blue" and "When It's Cold I'd Like to Die"
- Rozz Morehead – vocals on "Feeling So Real" and "Everytime You Touch Me"
- Myim Rose – vocals on "Feeling So Real"
- Saundra Williams – vocals on "Bring Back My Happiness"
- Nicole Zaray – vocals on "Feeling So Real"
- Barbie – art direction
- Jill Greenberg – photography
- Slim Smith – layout
- ^ abRaggett, Ned. "Everything Is Wrong – Moby". AllMusic. Retrieved September 28, 2011.
- ^ abLindsay, Cam (June 16, 2016). "Rank Your Records: Moby Spontaneously Ranks His Nine Records". Vice. Retrieved July 18, 2016.
- ^ abcdUnterberger, Andrew (April 9, 2015). "SPIN 30: Moby Recalls His 'Everything Is Wrong' Phase". Spin. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- ^ abGeffen, Sasha (March 14, 2015). "Time Is Weird: Moby On the 20th Anniversary of Everything Is Wrong". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- ^ abKot, Greg (March 30, 1995). "No Boundaries". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- ^McDonnell, Evelyn (March 17, 1995). "Everything Is Wrong". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- ^Smith, Andrew (March 17, 1995). "Moby: Everything Is Wrong (Mute)". The Guardian.
- ^ abAli, Lorraine (March 12, 1995). "Moby, 'Everything Is Wrong' (Elektra)". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- ^Howe, Rupert (June 2016). "Moby: Everything Is Wrong". Q (361): 120.
- ^"Moby: Everything Is Wrong". Rolling Stone (704): 125. March 23, 1995.
- ^Berger, Arion (2004). "Moby". In Brackett, Nathan; Hoard, Christian. The New Rolling Stone Album Guide. Simon & Schuster. pp. 548–49. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.
- ^ abWalters, Barry (March 1995). "Moby: Everything Is Wrong". Spin. 10 (12): 93. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- ^ abChristgau, Robert (June 6, 1995). "Consumer Guide". The Village Voice. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- ^"The 1995 Pazz & Jop Critics Poll". The Village Voice. February 20, 1996. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- ^Cooper, William. "Everything Is Wrong: The DJ Mix Album – Moby". AllMusic. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- ^Ramshaw, Mark (January 13, 1996). "Moby – Everything Is Wrong". NME. Archived from the original on October 13, 2000. Retrieved January 23, 2016.
- ^Everything Is Wrong (liner notes). Moby. Mute Records. 1995. STUMM 130.
- ^"Dutchcharts.nl – Moby – Everything Is Wrong" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- ^"Moby: Everything Is Wrong" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- ^"Longplay-Chartverfolgung at Musicline" (in German). Musicline.de. Phononet GmbH. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- ^"Official Albums Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- ^"Moby Chart History (Heatseekers Albums)". Billboard. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- ^"British album certifications – Moby – Everything Is Wrong". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved January 6, 2018. Enter Everything Is Wrong in the search field and then press Enter.
- ^"American album certifications – Moby – Everything Is Wrong". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved January 6, 2018. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH